In the early 1900s, the first motor vehicles were used to haul freight across the state. Today, Alaska’s road system is among the most extensive in the country. There are over 2,000 miles of paved roads, 1,200 miles of gravel roads, and nearly 3,000 miles of unpaved roads.
The best way to transport your vehicle to Alaska is to use a reputable auto transport company. They know how to handle the logistics of moving vehicles across state lines and through the Alaskan wilderness. You should choose a company that offers competitive rates and excellent customer service.
Fun Facts About Alaska
- Alaska is the largest state in the U.S., covering 586,412 square kilometers
- It is home to 18 of the 20 highest peaks in the country
- Its capital city is Juneau
- There are no roads connecting the entire state
- Goods must be shipped in by air or sea
- Dogsledding is a popular winter activity.
Finding a Car Shipping Company
A great way to find quality car shipping services is to use an online platform like TransportBids, which almost guarantees you'll get the best price